- 1/2 of an avocado
- 2-4 oz (60-120 ml) liquid (water, formula or breastmilk)
- 2 drops lemon juice, optional (this is to prevent browning of the puree).
- 6+ months (good first food)
- Approximately 7 oz (7 x 1oz servings)
|Baby Bullet in action.|
- Cut your avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Scoop avocado out of it's skin. (Tip: by gently rolling the avocado around on your counter prior to cutting it open you will loosen the "meat" from the skin, making it very easy to scoop out).
- Cut avocado into smaller pieces.
- Add pieces to Baby Bullet (or food processor/blender, whatever you have).
- Add approximately 2 drops of lemon juice, if desired.
- Add 2-4 oz of liquid, depending on the consistency desired. I added 4 oz of water and two scoops of formula (essentially 4oz of prepared formula). There are pictures below showing the difference in consistency when 2 oz vs 4 oz of formula is used.
- And BLEND!
|With 2 oz liquid|
|With 4 oz liquid|
|Avocado puree in Mumi & Bubi Freezer Tray|
- Avocado may turn brown after pureeing, especially when frozen. Even if it turns brown it is still fine for your baby to eat! Adding lemon juice as mentioned in the recipe can help prevent this, but it is absolutely not necessary.
- Any baby food you put in the fridge should be consumed within 3 days.
- Keep baby food in small portions, as you will have to discard any left over from each feeding. This is because babies (and adults!) mouths are full of bacteria, once this bacteria touches the spoon and gets into the food it starts to grow. If you put this food back in the fridge the bacteria will continue to grow, and feeding this to your baby later may make them ill.